T20 WC 2024: Captain Buttler’s ‘one’ mistake that shattered England’s finals dreams

Jos Buttler T20 WC 2024 Semi Final vs India: After losing to Team India in the T20 World Cup 2024 semi-final, England captain Jos Buttler said that India left no stone unturned to beat him in the T20 World Cup semi-final and admitted that the turn pitch was a strategic mistake here to not bowl Moeen Ali. Indian spinners Axar Patel and Kuldeep Yadav took three wickets each as India bowled out defending champions England for 103 in 16.4 overs to win by 68 runs, chasing a target of 172 runs.

This mistake is haunting Captain Butler

“It’s very disappointing,” Butler said. India defeated us four times in the match. He fully deserved the win. He made a big score. I was hoping we would restrict them to 145-150 runs. A higher target was difficult to achieve. ,

Which strategy failed?

The England captain won the toss and elected to bowl first but relied on Adil Rashid and Liam Livingstone on a spin-friendly pitch and did not allow Moeen Ali to bowl. Asked if his strategy failed or didn’t work, Butler said, “A little bit of both.” I think he played well. Luck was not with us on the power play either. Then some close decisions didn’t go our way, he said, “I should have bowled Moeen Ali. (Jos Buttler upset at not bowling to Moon Ali) So, we made a few mistakes here and there and the wicket was getting a lot of turn and the ball was also short. Rohit, understanding the situation well, fielded closely.

Butler said of the pitch

“I think everyone knew what this wicket was going to be like,” Buttler said. There was less bounce and yes India did really well and adjusted to the conditions better than us.” Talking about the final between India and South Africa, Butler said, “The top two teams have reached the final and it will be a close contest. Both the teams are performing really well and this match will be exciting.

(with language input)

Leave a Comment