T20 WC final: Should Kohli ‘sacrifice’ this player? Ashwin said- who has no problem…

Read on the application

The India vs South Africa T20 World Cup 2024 final will be played in Barbados on Saturday. Ahead of the title fight, India’s star player Virat Kohli is being talked about a lot. Kohli could not make much of an impact till the semi-finals. Considering his excellent form in the IPL, Kohli was fielded as an opener but did not bat. He scored just 75 runs in seven matches and returned to the pavilion for a wicket twice. However, veteran Indian Test spinner Ravichandran Ashwin believes that Kohli should play as an opening batsman in the final as well. Ashwin feels it is not right to send Kohli at number three to give chance to Yashaswi Jaiswal.

Ashwin said on his YouTube channel, “Everybody is saying that the Indian team should start the innings with Yashshwi Jaiswal. Jaiswal should be replaced by Shivam Dubey. And Virat should be played at number three. Actually, the thing is, there is no one. .As far as I know, there is no debate about this. Let us tell you that the young opener did not get a chance to play a single match in the current tournament. Many experts believe that a talented player like Yashaswi should not sit on the bench.

At the same time, former Indian wicketkeeper Robin Uthappa made a big prediction about Kohli on Ashwin’s channel. That said, I would say that Virat will play a match-winning innings in the final match. For me he is a big match player. There is no greater match. As far as I know, you won’t get a bigger match in T20 cricket. It happens once in two years.” He added, “There is no bigger platform for a big player like Kohli, I hope he scores more than 50 runs.” He may return not out in this match as well.

Leave a Comment