T20 WC Jonathan Trott pitches: Grapes are sour…Afghan coach’s pain spills over, Jonathan Trott is also heard on the pitch

Read on the application

T20 WC Jonathan Trott Pitch: Afghanistan team was eliminated in the T20 World Cup after losing. After this, Afghanistan coach Jonathan Trott got angry. He criticized the pitch used for the T20 World Cup semi-final. It was also said that it was not suitable for such a big competition. Trott said the pitch was giving the fast bowlers wobbles and it gave uncertain bounce. Afghanistan were bowled out for just 56 on this pitch, the lowest score in a T20 World Cup semi-final. Although South Africa achieved the target in 8.5 overs, its batsmen also struggled. “I don’t want to get myself into trouble,” Trott said after the match. I don’t want to be a ‘sour grapes’ kind of thing, but this was not a pitch on which one would want to play a World Cup semi-final.

The pitch is not eligible for the World Cup
The former England batsman said that this pitch has completely taken batting out of the game. He said the competition should be equal. I’m not saying it has to be flat, with no spin or seam movement. I mean you have to worry about the batsmen too. Batsmen must be confident in their footwork and be able to use their skills. Trott said that the game of T20 is about aggression and scoring runs and taking wickets. This format is not designed to survive at the crease. Five T20 World Cup matches were played in Taroba, out of which the team batting first crossed the 100-run mark only once. Hosts West Indies scored 149 for six against New Zealand and successfully defended it.

Also cited a busy schedule
Afghanistan had a busy schedule ahead of playing their first T20 World Cup semi-final. Trott said his players are tired. He said that after the last match we could reach the hotel at 3 o’clock and after 5 hours we had to leave. So we didn’t get much time to sleep and the players were really tired. But we were aware of our schedule and that’s not an excuse, Trott said. When you play in the World Cup or any tournament, things don’t go your way and you have to face these difficulties and move forward.

Leave a Comment