T20 WC: Virat or Rohit must sacrifice but it should happen…Michael Vaughan suggests surprising formula for Team India

Read on the application

Under the leadership of Rohit Sharma, the Indian team has reached the Super-8 of the T20 World Cup 2024. India is scheduled to play its first Super-8 match on June 20, in which it will face Afghanistan. Former England captain Michael Vaughan has suggested a surprising formula for India for the next round. Vaughan says India should make room for Yashaswi Jaiswal by changing the opening pair. Let us tell you that Virat Kohli started the innings with Rohit in the league stage. However, Kohli could not make any impact as an opener. He scored only five runs in three matches. He once fell victim to a golden duck (out on the first ball).

‘Yashwi should open the innings’

Vaughn also said that whether Kohli or Rohit should make the sacrifice, the 22-year-old Yashaswi should definitely be given a chance. Left-handed opening batsman Yashaswi is yet to play a single match in the current tournament. “I love Yashwi Jaiswal,” Vaughan said on Cricbuzz. I want him to open the innings. For this, Virat or Rohit can land at number 3. I am not concerned about which right-handed batsman will play at number 3. Shivam Dubey is at No-5 but on Caribbean soil I would prefer Rishabh Pant there.

‘Yashaswi is such a good batsman that…’

Yashaswi has performed brilliantly as an opener in T20s and Tests. He has scored 502 runs in 17 T20 matches at a strike rate of 161.93 and an average of 33.46, including one century and four half-centuries. “Yashaswi is a great player. He is such a good batsman that I would definitely like to have him in the team,” said Vaughan. Vaughan said that India have made the right decision by including enough left-handed batsmen in their batting lineup.

‘Indian team has done this mistake in the past’

The former captain said, “India has included left-handed batsmen. I like the decision. I think India made a mistake in the past by including enough left-handed batsmen. So I can understand that. However, I want to include him. Am. Successful in my team.” Rohit has done slightly better in the current tournament as compared to Kohli. He scored an unbeaten half-century against Ireland. Pant has managed to leave the mark at number three. At the same time, Suryakumar Yadav scored a half-century to lead India to victory over USA. However, it doesn’t look like India will make any major changes to their top order in the Super-8.

Leave a Comment