T20 World Cup 2024: Inzamam-ul-Haq, Salim Malik furious over India’s win over Australia, accused of ball-tampering

The Super-8 matches in ICC T20 World Cup 2024 are over and only four of the eight teams remain. The first semi-final match will be between South Africa vs Afghanistan and the second semi-final match will be played between India and England. Team India has been unbeaten so far in this T20 World Cup. The Indian team played their last Super-8 match against Australia on 24 June and won by 24 runs. It seems India’s win has not gone down well with former Pakistan cricketers Inzamam-ul-Haq and Salim Malik. Both accused the Indian team of ball tampering. Not only this, Salim Malik even said that the fielders standing nearby should be checked.

Inzamam-ul-Haq said, ‘When Arshdeep Singh was bowling the 15th over, the ball was reverse-swinging. It’s hard to reverse swing that fast with a new ball. This meant that the ball was able to reverse by the 12th-13th over. Because when he came to bowl the 15th over, his reverse swing had started. So umpires should keep their eyes open here too. On this, Salim Malik said, ‘I think of some teams that I often say have their eyes closed, and one of them is India. I remember we were playing a match in Zimbabwe and Wasim Akram wet a side ball. Everyone started shouting what happened, so I went and complained and was fined a lot.

Rohit, you will love this World Cup… What did Akhtar say about India before the semi-final?

‘If Pakistani bowlers had done this…’

Inzamam said on this, ‘If it was Pakistani bowlers, there would have been noise. If Arshdeep Singh is getting reverse swing after coming in the 15th over, it means that the ball has been seriously worked. Salim Malik took a dig at this and said, ‘I also told the engineer at that time that the near fielders should be looked at, please check them. And we started laughing about it. Inzamam continued, ‘The nature of reverse swing is such that Bumrah’s action is such that he can reverse swing even in short bursts, the ball is too well prepared for some bowlers to reverse swing.’

Rohit achieved a great feat, even Dhoni-Kohli could not achieve this feat.

PAK could not even reach Super-8

As for Pakistan, ICC T20 World Cup In 2024, the Babar Azam captained team was eliminated in the league round itself. Pakistan had to face defeat against America in the league round. Teams from India, Australia, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, South Africa, England, West Indies, America reached Super-8. India and Afghanistan have reached the semi-finals from Group-1 while South Africa and England have reached the semi-finals from Group-2.

Leave a Comment